9 (Nine) x District Coordinator
- Post Date:May 10, 2022
- Views 745
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Goromonzi, Marondera, Mudzi, Murehwa, Mutoko, Seke, Uzumba-Maramba-Pfungwe, Hwedza and Bikita
Zimbabwe National Network of PLHIV (ZNNP+) is an umbrella body that represents the interests of people living with HIV in Zimbabwe in their diversity. The organization is represented in support groups and community-based organizations at all provincial, district and ward levels of Zimbabwe. ZNNP+’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV in all their diversity.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the Provincial Coordinator, the District Coordinator will support ZNNP+ efforts aimed at developing and implementing innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV care and treatment services by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Supervise and offer support to community cadres within the district namely Community HIV and AIDS Support Agents (CHASAs), Community Health Agent (CHAs), Mentor Mothers and Expert Clients;
- Oversee the coordination of the implementation of community HIV program activities;
- Provide technical support to community structures in adopting a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the community HIV program;
- Manage the community HIV program resources for the organization within the district;
- Support community service delivery platforms in identifying gaps and challenges impacting on HIV prevention;
- Create significant and substantive awareness of ZNNP+ within the district by playing a key role in district capacity building, networking with partner and donor organizations;
- Liaise with all stakeholders (including provincial coordinator and members) in mobilizing for the development of advocacy issues;
- Represent ZNNP+ and PLHIV at meetings and workshops at community and district levels;
- Provide secretariat services to the District Executive Committee, ensuring meetings are convened at least quarterly;
- Ensuring that people living with HIV have access to quality HIV and other health related services including viral load monitoring, integrated mental health and disclosure support;
- Establish and nurture groups of PLHIV and ensuring that they have capacity to sustain themselves; establish and maintain contact with key strategic stakeholders and/or partners for the benefit of membership;
- Implement and provide timely reports on all activities within agreed time spans and in line with ZNNP+ and donor guidelines and standards;
- Perform any other duties as required by the Provincial Coordinator.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Social Sciences; Developmental Studies or similar.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in the field of community development with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in community participation and health/ HIV projects.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local context, with the ability to think creatively to develop appropriate activities.
- Situated in or familiar with specific districts.
- Be culturally sensitive and empathetic to others, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application letter specifying district of interest and CV with three contactable referees to:
28 Divine Road,
Or via email: [email protected]
PLHIV and women who meet the set criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 13 May 2022