Agriculture and Markets Advisor
- Post Date:March 21, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5 year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces.
The Advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance, operational support, and advisory services on sustainable Agriculture and markets development. S/he will contribute to define and operationalize Takunda’s approach on Agriculture and market development; designing training materials, building the capacity of Takunda Field Officers, FFBS and Producer and Marketing Group, facilitate market linkages and public-private sector – producer engagements to address key value chain issues. The Advisor identifies opportunities and areas for improvement, to ensure quality delivery in the field of Agriculture and Market development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop agriculture and market development implementation strategy for Takunda project
- Research on agriculture and other relevant economic policies and viability of economic enterprises according to project needs and shares with project team.
- Act as technical expert for the Project Manager and aim to create an enabling environment (by sharing knowledge, understanding stakeholders and environment) for the implementation of Takunda project, towards meeting its objectives.
- Develop appropriate tool for identification, assessment, registration and monitoring of producer groups and individuals especially women and youth for selected value chains (Crop and livestock), Off-farm and Non-farm
- Develop capacity of project staff and producer associations on climate smart agriculture, post- harvest handling and processing, and other related initiatives.
- Oversees the scheduling and delivery of training to producer and marketing groups, agro-dealers and extension services providers to build local level capacity in market-oriented agricultural production and productivity that result in household increased income.
- Develop and operationalize FFBS manual and training guides for use by Officers and FFBS facilitators
- Monitors periodic economic opportunity assessments and resultant enterprise implementation strategies in project areas by partners
- Supports identified private sector entities to develop agricultural business and marketing models for the project’s target group.
- Serve as the technical lead for designing, implementing, and monitoring value chain and marketing activities,
- Coordinate capacity development activities in the areas of organizational development, agribusiness, value chain and marketing development including development of training modules,
- Mapping of Market systems and value chain actors in the district and use push and pull strategies to facilitate active and effective engagement and participation of women and youth in the market system
- Facilitates suitable financial linkages for viable producer groups or commodity associations and VSLA
- Provides periodic technical updates to the Agriculture and Livelihoods Manager
- Provide technical support to Takunda partners and other staff
- Compiles and submits comprehensive field monitoring, monthly, quarterly and annual Agriculture and Markets intervention reports to the Agriculture and Livelihoods Manager
- Degree in Agricultural Economics/Entrepreneurship/ Agribusiness Management/ Agriculture or equivalent
- 3-5 Years experience in technical capacity development on Agriculture and Markets development within the NGO/Private Sector or other related field
- Experience with agric assessment tools or processes for rural community projects within a development context;
- Proficiency in computer skills including experience of MS Word, Excel, MS Office Project, GIS and any relevant environmental analysis package
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
Interested and qualified persons should apply here
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
Deadline: 27 March 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time