6 x Urban Water Inspectors
- Post Date:May 8, 2022
- Views 582
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
Upper Manyame Sub Catchment Council is a corporate body formed by the Act of Parliament (the New Water Act. 1998 (CAP 20:24) established by SI 33 of 2000 enabled by SI 47 of 2000 under the auspices of Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water, Rural Resettlement responsible for:-regulating. supervising of the exercising of water permits for both surface and groundwater, monitoring of river flows. use of groundwater, water conflict resolutions, catchment protection, promoting stakeholder participation in water resources management, recommends and advise the Catchment Council on water allocation and permitting in Upper Manyame Sub Catchment. The Council is therefore advertising the vacant posts of Urban Water Inspectors x 6 – (2 years Contract) where applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons
- Registration of all surface and groundwater use.
- Inspection of all water abstractions
- Inspection of irrigation systems to minimize water losses
- Collect meter reading from boreholes and surface abstractions (dams and rivers).
- Monitoring and reporting all water degrading activities
- Report all unsanctioned water releases from dams
QUALIFICATIONS & INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS
- 5 ‘O’ Levels including English Language and Mathematics
- Prepared to work out of the office environment and late hours
- Should have a Valid Class 3 or 4 driver’s Licence
- Should be an Ex- police officer
- Should be able to ride a motorbike (Validated experience is needed).
- Good communication in the main vernaculars and in English
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Should be a person of integrity
- Police Clearance is needed
Interested persons should submit their CVs to the following address not later than 13 May 2022 by 3:30 pm: –
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Upper Manyame Sub-Catchment Council
No. 9 Connaught Avenue
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Interview.