6 x Research Assistant
- Post Date:June 21, 2022
- Apply Before: July 2, 2022
- Views 600
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Duty Station: Bulawayo
About Franto Research Consultancy
Franto Research Consultancy (FRC) exists to ethically and professionally capacitate and empower graduate students with ethical, relevant, valid, reliable and professional skills and knowledge to write their dissertations, assignments and scholarly projects. FRC runs a Community Engagement Project that seeks to promote the primary prevention of mental health breakdowns amongst the youths living with disabilities in Bulawayo through the Harm Reduction Project (HRP) that promotes psychosocial support for the youths living with disabilities. The HRP seeks to capacitate and empower the youths living with disabilities in Bulawayo with knowledge and skills to be resilient and adaptive to mental health pressures/crisis. Over the years, we’ve developed the largest team of specialists in academic research consulting service in the African continent by capacitating and empowering students, from topic development through the discussion chapter and defense. Simply, students gain the stamina of writing their dissertations, assignments and scholarly projects by engaging our academic research consultation services and leveraging our experience through physical and online consultations, workshops, seminars and conferences. FRC serves graduate students primarily in the social sciences, humanities, arts, business management and health sciences. We offer consultation and editorial services with expertise, knowledge of university rubrics, and clear communication. Our services are divided into three (3) main categories, thus, Planning, Preparation and Analysis.
- Planning encompasses; dissertation topic selection/development, developing dissertation research questions and hypotheses, developing your dissertation research plan, concept paper/proposal/prospectus for your dissertation.
- Preparation encompasses; introduction chapter, chapter 2: dissertation literature review, chapter 3: dissertation methodology, data analysis plan, sample size / power analysis for dissertations and passing IRB/URR for your dissertation.
- Analysis/Execution encompasses, qualitative results chapter/quantitative results chapter, discussion chapter and defense preparation.
We value our relationships with our clients, and pride ourselves on our transparency, competence, and success rate.
Performs applied research, and designs, executes, and evaluates analytical and statistical studies and/or institutional self-assessments. Designs and manages information systems and databases to support institutional research activities.
- Performs data reduction, statistical analysis of data, and interpretation of results; prepares or participates in the preparation and presentation of formal research reports.
- Prepares institutional responses to internal and/or external queries such as surveys, employment statistics, enrollment statistics and projections.
- Formulates and prepares institutional responses to internal and/or external queries and requests for institutional data and statistics on a wide range of issues.
- Acquires, manipulates, develops, and maintains longitudinal data sets, verifying accuracy and consistency over time, in the context of evolving requirements regarding reporting institutional facts.
- Conducts and/or assists on a wide variety of survey research efforts for the unit; participates in survey construction, development of survey instruments, and design of survey protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of integrated institutional self-assessment programs, as appropriate to the objectives of the position; provides technical support, and facilitates the integration of processes and findings into institutional planning and decision-making.
- Designs, executes, analyzes, communicates, and consults on the results of ongoing and one-time analytical studies using appropriate inferential statistics.
- Works with other institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide technical assistance, as assigned.
- May provide functional direction to other staff on assigned work.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to apply statistical principles and processes to meet a range of information requirements.
- Knowledge of SPSS/SAS programming and/or other software used to manipulate, summarize, and produce reports from multiple, large, complex data sets.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical survey instruments, protocol, and procedures.
- Knowledge of large-scale data systems, definitions, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze statistical data and generate reports, and design and administer survey instruments.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to plan, create, program, and manage statistical computer databases across multiple hardware and operating system platforms/environments.
- Broad knowledge of database applications such as Microsoft Access and Oracle.
- Broad knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, GIS/mapping, and graphics applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Management, Health Sciences, Statistics or any related field from a reputable university
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Well organized and methodical with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Dynamic and flexible as a team player with good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Franto Research Consultancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
NOTE: Beware of scammers! Franto Research Consultancy does not charge any fee during any stage of the recruitment process and does not involve third parties in the recruitment process.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply at: https://forms.gle/ovcTys4QH89fLKFM9
All Applications should be submitted not later than July 01, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (31)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract