6 x Environmental Technician
- Post Date:May 2, 2022
- Views 1017
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the positions of ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN (6 posts) that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency (EMA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duration: 8 months
Station: Beitbridge / Chirundu/ Harare
Reporting to: The Border Supervisor
The job incumbent will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, preventing and controlling importation of hazardous substances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects hazardous substances at entry and exit points at the border post.
- Monitors packaging of hazardous substances.
- Checks compatibility of hazardous substances.
- Ensures avoidance of spillage and contamination.
- Checks documents of vehicles carrying hazardous substances.
- Assesses fees for licensing purposes.
- Raises invoices for payment of licence fees.
- Maintains database for vehicles transporting hazardous substances.
- Records daily statistics.
- Carries out accident assessments when they occur.
- Attends stakeholder meetings (ZIMRA; security forces).
- Writes periodic and ad-hoc reports.
Qualification, Experience and Competences:
- Diploma in Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining, Biotechnology, or any other equivalent relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least one (1) year experience in the field.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 6 May, 2022 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corner Lorraine/Faber Drive, Bluffhill,
Please note that communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.