Assistant Accountant (AGYW) - Bulawayo
- Post Date:January 15, 2021
- Views 712
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Assistant Accountant – Adolescent Girls and Young Women Grant Funded Project (AGYW): Bulawayo
Reporting to the Accountant, the incumbent is responsible for grants cash and budget management, grant financial reporting, field visits and community capacity building for the Adolescent Girls and Young Women Grant (AGYW) Funded Project.
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for the grant
- Reviews the AGYW budgets for the grant and budget modifications and submit the same to Accountant for incorporation into country budgets
- Review grants and project financial reports in SAP for accurate donor expenditure reporting, reconciling and ensuring timeous resolution of queries in liaison with other relevant functions.
- Perform cash management function, maintaining bank and cash balances to levels sufficient to meet program requirements and cash threshold.
- Perform bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations and cash requests from donors ensuring that financial resources are utilized and invested efficiently.
- Review cash disbursements for accuracy and completeness.
- Review procurement requests and commitments of goods and services in accordance with Plan procurement procedures and donor requirements.
- Ensure compliance to donor requirements on financial issues for the grant
- Review grant proposal budgets to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate and facilitate the audit of the grant as per contractual agreement.
- Regular field visits to all grant funded projects to verify that resources are optimally used.
- Assist PAs in conducting financial training programs for partners, particularly CBO involved in implementation of grant.
- Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- A degree in Accounting; CIS or equivalent qualification
- 5 “O” levels including Mathematics and English Language.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Knowledge of the local language
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Ability to interpret and work accordance with laid down procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet
- Communicates effectively
- Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance
- Appreciation of child rights Supports learning, sharing and knowledge management
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Bulawayo)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 21 January 2021