4 (Four) x DREAMS District Strategic Information Focal Person
- Post Date:August 19, 2021
- Views 327
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS District Strategic Information Focal Person for the DREAMS program in Lupane x1, Bubi x1, Nkayi x1 and Tsholotsho x1 in Matabeleland North province. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract is for twelve (12) months effective October 2021 to 30 September 2022.
The DREAMS District Strategic Information Focal Person’s main objective is to collect, analyse data and report on program performance and demonstrate impact consistent with the organisation’s mission at the district and local level. The successful candidate shall report to the DREAMS Strategic Information Coordinator and shall be responsible for overseeing the work of Cluster Data Collation Focal Persons, Data Capturers and ensuring effective program management and performance reporting.
- Ensuring all DREAMS registers (clinical & non-clinical tools at health facilities/safe spaces/hubs) are completed accurately, consistently, regularly and reports are submitted on time;
- Supporting the collection and reporting of DREAMS clinical & non-clinical process (custom) and outcome including MER data on program specific indicators on a weekly and monthly basis as required by program management through DREAMS DHIS2 & ZDIP data entry forms (CommCare forms);
- Working collaboratively and closely with the ZimPAAC DREAMS IPs (Bantwana, PZAT, Zim-TTECH and AFRICAID) by conducting routine data quality audits at health facilities, safe spaces/hubs within the district;
- Cleaning, verifying and validating data entered in DREAMS DHIS2 & ZDIP (CommCare HQ) on all forms identified and flagged as having incorrect data submitted and synced to the server and preparing the data for routine analysis and reporting to Zim-TTECH, MoHCC and supporting partners (NAC, DDC etc);
- Conducting routine and regular on-site support to health facilities in accordance with the Zim-TTECH travel and administrative policies;
- Providing technical support for DREAMS DHIS2 and ZDIP data entry system (CommCare), to ZimPAAC DREAMS Ips to strengthen their monitoring systems for the DREAMS program and the review and analysis of reports generated;
- Collaborating with the provincial and district teams to conduct granular site management, compiling and consolidating weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on program activities within the province;
- Conducting routine analyses and visualization of program data in DREAMS Power BI & DHIS2, including cascades across core indicators, to enable evidence-based programming at District level;
- Conducting regular onsite-data-verification (OSDV, calculating a “verification factor” related to the difference between DHIS2, monthly return form and facility data to monitor data quality;
- Providing guidance to all district and facility level cadres on program performance based on dashboards in DHIS2 and Power BI;
- Conducting and coordinating data related Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects in all supported facilities;
- Tracking performance against annual targets and reviewing district and facility-level performance with staff and work on improvement plans for poor performing facilities;
- Providing feedback to the DMO, DNO, DDC, NAC, DHE and other relevant stakeholders on evidence collected and ensuring their involvement in the district strategy formulation;
- Producing programmatic reports, presentations and submitting the same on agreed timelines;
- Providing on-site coaching and level II user support for CommCare and Power BI according to help desk procedures;
- Attending district coordination and review meetings according to the MoHCC calendar, as budget permits and facilitating the interpretation and use of M & E data;
- Ensuring mobile devices at designated facilities are well maintained, properly managed and in good working condition and escalating unresolved issues;
- Working closely with MoHCC, Zim-TTECH consortium partners and other implementing partners to track and report both challenges and outcomes of various interventions implemented by partners in the program.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Biostatistics, Mathematics, Public Health, Health Promotion or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience managing, analysing and reporting health related program data and information and in working with DHIS2 data;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including pivot-tables, formatting, statistical functions and formulas and good understanding of MS Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills including conducting data cleaning, verification and trend-analyses with proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g. STATA, SAS or SPSS will be an added advantage;
- Great interpersonal, report writing and presentation skills with fluency in English and Ndebele coupled with general understanding of one or more of the other local languages coupled with demonstrable ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Experience in working with MoHCC or health-related implementing partners coupled with a strong understanding of the Zimbabwe health care system structures.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or hard copies to:
The Senior Consultancy Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Interested candidates should specify their preferred district on the subject of the Cover Letter and should not apply to more than one district lest they get disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 August 2021
Related Jobs (23)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract