4 (Four) x DREAMS Clinical Nurses
- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 386
- Career Level NurseQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS Clinical Nurses, to be deployed in Matabeleland North province in Nkayi x2 and Bubi x2. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract is for twelve (12) months from 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2022, it may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of successful candidates.
- Providing clinical services at health services including but not limited to PrEP screening and initiation, STI screening and treatment, family planning services, GBV screening and management, Screening and enrolling AGYW who visit the health facility or attend safe spaces /outreaches into the DREAMS program;
- Referring AGYW for appropriate subsequent interventions to other DREAMS IPs within the district of implementation;
- Liaising with the DREAMS Lead to develop clinic outreaches to safe spaces; Keeping detailed M&E data for clinical services provided, using standard MoHCC and additional DREAMS-specific data capturing tools;
- Assisting in any trainings or other activities supported by Zim-TTECH and/or MoHCC;
- Advocating for a conducive environment for good patient care and provider development;
- Preparing and submitting monthly progress reports to the DREAMS Lead and Program Coordinator sharing program challenges, best practices and recommendations to improve the DREAMS program;
- Participating in DREAMS meetings and planning sessions, including planning outreach services and discussion of partnerships with other community groups, DREAMS expansion and progress of facility-based services.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) with valid registration with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- A valid Rapid HIV testing certificate is mandatory;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with primary healthcare, especially antenatal care service provision and/or contraceptive services and in working with MoHCC or health-related implementing partners coupled with a strong understanding of the Zimbabwe health care system structures;
- Should be able to work as part of a team and closely with expert clients and other volunteers;
- Experience in supporting community activities is an added advantage; Knowledge of STI management, PrEP and GBV training.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates can submit their Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Consultancy Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Interested candidates should specify their preferred district on the Subject of the cover letter and should not apply to more than one district lest they get disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 August 2021
Related Jobs (20)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy