3 x Lecturer/Professor
- Post Date:December 16, 2021
- Views 417
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor (2 Posts – Full Time, 1 Post – Temporary Full Time)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must be holders of a PhD or a Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Systems or equivalent. PhD holders will be appointed as Permanent Full Time Lecturers while Masters holders will be appointed on a Temporary Full Time basis.
- Applicants must also be holders of a Bachelors (Hons) Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Information Technology or equivalent passed with at least a Merit/ Upper Second Class.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years University teaching experience.
- Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages. The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicants must be able to teach at least six (6) of the following courses: Business Management, Virtual Private Network, Distributed Systems ,Advanced Network Management, E-Governance, Cryptography and Network Security Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Database Systems, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, Information systems, Management Information systems, Software Engineering, Information systems. The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide academic leadership to the Department, initiate, guide and contribute to basic and applied research in the Department.
- Supervision of both undergraduate and postgraduate students in their fields of specialisation and conduct collaborative research.
- Involvement in university service and community engagement.
- Development of innovative solutions to societal problems which can then be industrialised.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to [email protected] consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 December 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”
Related Jobs (30)
Administrative Assistant – Research & Innovation Directorate on January 19, 2022 Full Time