3 x Information, Communication Technology Officer (ICT Officer)
- Post Date:May 1, 2022
- Views 684
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
The Ministry of Health and Child Care is a Sub-Recipient for the Global Fund New Funding Model grant under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as the Principal Recipient (PR). The MOHCC wishes to recruit a Information, Communication Technology Officer (ICT Officer) X 3 posts to contribute to the successful implementation of the grant
REPORTS TO: Information Technology (ICT) Department Head with functional reporting to the central hospital HIV Programme Managers (Adult and Pediatric)
STATION: Harare and Bulawayo Metropolitan Provinces
The responsibilities will include assisting in planning, designing, developing and maintaining networking. hardware and software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems in clinical and public health settings. The successful candidate must be able to design and implement ICT quality and security control systems. The successful candidate must also be able to use a range of health ICT applications and be familiar with health information concepts, provide user support on hardware and software and train health workers on use of ICT in their work.
- Provide day-to-day support for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various ICT software programs/applications
- Provide day-to-day support for all ICT equipment such as network equipment, servers, computers, tablets and mobile phones including installation, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs.
- Design and implement ICT quality and security control systems
- In conjunction with national office plan, design. develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems
- Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to the system end users including
- Supporting site training and roil-put of systems
- Providing training to the staff members on the use of any new ICT programs or applications
- Supporting development of user guides on information systems for use by other non-ICT staff
- Work with ICT team, other health workers and stakeholders to implement eHealth systems as part e-governance Programme.
- Develop and manage work plans
- Work with the MoHCC to assess opportunities for future related ICT interventions
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least two (2) years’ experience in system development or networking or server setup,
- 1- 2 years’ experience providing comprehensive technical support to users of computer software
- Ability to model and represent systems effectively and creatively.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of systems and applications programming
- Knowledge and experience in setting up computer networks (WAN/LAN) and server setup and maintenance.
- Ability to set and meet time-lines and deadlines
- Fluent in English (excellent oral and written skills)
- Strong communication skills, with experience conducting trainings and delivering presentations on complex information to sizable groups
- Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice.
- Knowledge of MoHCC systems and organizations will be an added advantage
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications.
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
PO Box CY 1122, Causeway
1st Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue
Salary and benefits will be notified to short-listed candidates.
Closing date for advert: 03 May 2022