3 x Business Development Specialists
- Post Date:April 26, 2022
- Views 417
- Career Level SpecialistQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Research and Innovation Directorate: Vacancies
3 positions have emerged in the University of Zimbabwe Innovation Hub has Business Development Specialists in the following areas of expertise:
- Business Development Specialist Drugs Pharmaceuticals and Health Systems
- Business Development Specialist Science Discovery and Applications
- Business Development Specialist Project Management
Reports to: Manager, Business Development
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Commercializing and monetizing innovations emerging from the Innovation Hub.
- Providing targeted assistance in commercializing intellectual property and creating sustainable, competitive and profitable start-ups
- Designing, developing and setting-up viable/suitable ventures, business plans and operating models to deliver business value and results and determining the best course of action to set-up start-ups in a sustainable way.
- Identifying opportunities including organising prospecting events, pitches, demo-days, feedback sessions, talks, seminars, workshops, think-tanks for growth, collaborations, partnerships and/or strategic alliances.
- Delivering with innovators and inventors, the industrialization phase of Education 5.0 by identifying, prioritizing and launching new products, services and business models.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree or equivalent in the desired field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with interacting with students of record of teaching and/or research experience at University level.
- A Proven track record in product development and/or the ability to model and/or grow business.
- A Proven track record in multidisciplinary collaboration and/or management of partnerships.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe,
P. O. Box MP 167
Or Hand delivered to:
The Administralion Block,
Door number 113.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 29 April 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (30)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022