3 (Three) x Volunteer Regional Coordinators
- Post Date:August 24, 2021
- Views 552
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
National Association of Non-Governmental Organisations (NANGO)
Duty Station: Bulawayo, Mutare and Masvingo
Organisational Unit: Programmes
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, with possibility of extension
Starting Date: with immediate effect
Under the direct supervision of the Programmes Manager, in coordination with Program Partners and relevant units at the head office. The successful candidate will be expected to work on full-time basis during the assigned period. Among other regional administrative duties, he/she is expected to:
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of the organization’s integrated membership recruitment and retention strategy including its periodic review;
- Regular communication with members; Develop and maintain membership database, and other relevant partners and establish professional relationships with members, partners and other key constituencies;
- Ensure that the organization and regional messages and activities are covered in all its social media platforms and website;
- Administer the Regional Office filling system, maintaining, logging, filling and updating records in prescribed format for subsequent use;
- Coordinate monitoring efforts, measuring results and impact of programs, activities in liaison with head office including reporting on developments and trends in the Region;
- Provide operational and logistical support towards the implementation of project activities and the fulfillment of Regional Office obligations;
- Facilitate dialogue and engagement platforms between NANGO and key stakeholders including government officials, parliamentarians and private sector in the Region;
- To contribute to the development of strategic alliances and networks between and among NGOs and other key stakeholders;
- Represent the association at high-level dialogue and engagement fora and meetings with the Government of Zimbabwe and other stakeholders from the public sector, private sector and civil society in the Region;
- To develop and constantly update the database of members and key stakeholders in the region
- Strong communication and analytical skills and ability to rapidly process and integrate diverse information from various sources;
- Proven ability in advocacy, management, writing and editing to meet tight deadlines;
- Thorough knowledge of development issues, understanding of, and experience in, dealing with the media.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match audience;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Adjusts priorities as required;
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Uses time efficiently.
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Development Studies,Administration or related field.
- A first-level University Degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience either in development, administration or related area, including experience in management of large programs is an added advantage.
- Previous experience of working with and through partners;
- Familiarity with local and international NGOs, government and development partners;
- Knowledge of both Ndebele and Shona is an added advantage.
Interested prospective applicants send a motivational letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates to [email protected] with the subject line REGCO0021 APPLICATION.
Clearly indicate the duty station you are applying for.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25 August 2021
Related Jobs (31)
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time