3 (Three) x Registered Nurse
- Post Date:May 2, 2022
- Views 382
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Harare, Gweru and Bulawayo
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international humanitarian organisation operating in Zimbabwe, collaborating with the Ministry of Health & Child Care to create centres of excellence (COEs) in health. AHF is looking for Registered Nurse(s) – (Harare; Gweru & Mpilo Bulawayo) The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate AHF program data management activities relating to HTS and ART services including routine data collection, compilation, analysis, and dissemination through use of the MIS onsite.
The AHF OI / ART Nurse(s) is a registered general nurse who will be assigned to work at the heath facility under the guidance and technical supervision of the Sister-in-Charge at the respective facilities.
The main responsibilities for the OI /ART nurse(s) are:
- To provide HTC (HIV Testing and Counselling) services and initiate HIV positive clients on Antiretroviral Treatment (ART);
- The OI / ART Nurse(s) will provide quality care, treatment monitoring and enhanced adherence counselling to clients as per protocol;
- Conduct Provider Initiated Testing and Counselling as per national guidelines – Work with lay-counsellors and community health workers to mobilise clients within facility and community for HIV testing and counselling;
- Provide pre and post – HIV confidential counselling and testing;
- Perform rapid HIV testing on all clients (adults, adolescents and children) that have consented to testing / retesting, and interpret the results to the clients;
- Perform DBS on infants and counsel caregivers;
- Counsel HIV-positive clients and link them to ART initiation;
- Counsel HIV-negative clients and link them to prevention counselling and support;
- Screen all HIV positive clients for TB and STIs and make appropriate referrals;
- Provide quality care for HIV-positive clients on Anti-retroviral (ARV) Treatment – Facilitate linkage between HIV testing, diagnosis, care, support and treatment;
- Provide adherence counselling and initiate clients on ARV treatment;
- Link and refer clients to facility and community based Psychosocial Support Services;
- Provide routine follow-up and monitoring of clients (including scheduling interpreting Viral Load and CD4 tests) and provide adherence support clients the results;
- Support identification of clients who are defaulting for tracking and tracing – Documentation of clients in the relevant monitoring and evaluation tools(registers);
- Record and maintain filing system for all client records as per MOHCC procedures;
- Prepare monthly report on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
- Diploma / Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN;
- Registration with Zimbabwe Nursing Council;
- Knowledge of National AIDS and TB Guidelines;
- Training and experience in HIV counselling and testing for adults, adolescents, and children;
- HIV Integrated Training or Adult and Paediatric Art training;
- Experience in Advanced HIV care and treatment preferred;
- Familiar with M&E tools for OI /ART management.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] with a subject line REGISTERED NURSE – AHF Zimbabwe. Please indicate your preferred location(s).
The closing date is 9 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.