- Post Date:January 21, 2022
- Views 318
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
NSSA is an organisation undergoing a transformation journey to position itself as a modern and relevant entity that delivers real value to its members through responsive social security services. In addition, we strive to stimulate economic activity, generate foreign currency, and create jobs for the benefit of Zimbabweans.
The new NSSA conducts its business in an honest, accountable, and transparent manner and we seek to recruit like-minded individuals for the post of DIRECTOR – FINANCE HEAD OFFICE: GRADE (E2).
Reporting to the General Manager the successful candidate will manage all the financial aspects of the Authority, inter alia, financial planning, cost control and budgeting as well as providing corporate governance oversight.
- Contribute to the overall company strategy and policy making by advising the Board and the General Manager on the financial implications of their decisions.
- Formulate, direct and execute finance support strategies.
- Formulate and review financial plans and strategies in tine with the NSSA business plan so as to work towards achieving the Authority’s vision.
- Produce statutory reports for the Government on the financial performance of NSSA annually.
- Provide timely, transparent, accurate and completed financial reports on the Authority’s operations.
- Formulate the budget framework for NSSA in accordance with strategy determined by the Board.
- Review the budget bids for each Division in line with NSSA’s vision, mission and strategic thrust.
- Exercise overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including systems, corporate finance, managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting is accurate and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Develop cost containment strategies for the Authority to enhance business profitability.
- Introduce, review and monitor appropriate internal control procedures in order to ensure a sound internal control environment.
- Implement policies and procedures that support a sound cost structure.
- A Bachelor of Accounting Degree or equivalent.
- A recognised tertiary qualification as a Chartered Accountant or similar.
- A post graduate business qualification such as an MBA/MBL.
- A Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is a definitive advantage.
- A minimum of 10 year’s corporate working experience, at least 5 of which should have been at executive level.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Should have demonstrated experience in legal instrument drafting.
- Very good communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of contract law.
- Thorough knowledge of the NSSA ACT and enabling instruments.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should submit their application letters and CV’s only (Do not attach certificates) and send as a single attachment clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to [email protected] by 23 January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.