2021 Undergraduate Student Scholarships
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 404
- Career Level StudentQualification Degree
The Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (ZSE) is offering Scholarships to female students from disadvantaged backgrounds who would like to further their education and will be enrolling for their first degree with a state owned university in Zimbabwe.
- The scholarship is available to female Zimbabwean citizens under the age of 24 years at the time of applying;
- Applicant should have been accepted for full time studies by a local state university for an undergraduate degree in any of the following fields:
- Applicants must have sat for their A level within the previous 2 calendar years from the application date;
- Applicant must have achieved a minimum of 13 points in 3 subjects at Advanced level; and
- Applicant must not be a recipient of another scholarship at the time of application.
The scholarship will be renewed annually until completion of studies, subject to satisfactory fulfillment of renewal requirements. A scholarship agreement will be executed between the student and the ZSE. The scholarship includes tuition, stationery, travelling and subsistence expenses. Selection of candidates will be based on a financial needs analysis as well as demonstrated academic excellence and good character reference.
- Certified copies of Ordinary and Advanced level results;
- Certified copies of Birth Certificate and National ID;
- Typed cover letter – not more than 500 words focusing on personal and educational aspects and demonstrating the financial need;
- Documents to support financial need of the applicant – payslip of parent/s or guardian, death certificates of parent/s or guardian etc.;
- Character Reference Form- download from https://tinyurl.com/ZSE-CRF
- Cost estimates schedule – including tuition, stationary, travelling and subsistence expenses. Please note the actual scholarship amount to be awarded is at the discretion of the ZSE.
Submission of Applications
Applications to be emailed to [email protected] by close of business on 15 October 2021.
NB: Responses will only be sent to applicants who are invited to attend selection interviews.
Applicants who are not contacted within 21 days after the closing date should consider themselves to have been unsuccessful.