20 x Debtors Clerk
- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 418
- Career Level ClerkExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Local Government
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its Finance Department.
POST: DEBTORS OFFICER (20 Positions)
LOCATION: DISTRICT OFFICE (REVENUE COLLECTION)
REPORTING TO: REVENUE OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the above mentioned vacancy in the Revenue Collection Division of the Finance Department.
Responsible for debt collection management
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Examines and corrects rates and supplementary charges
- Follow ups on overdue rates accounts
- Prepares reminders and final demands, summons and warrants of execution against property for attachment of debtors movable asserts by the messenger of Court for sale by Public auction to recover debts
- Investigates on returned summons and other correspondences.
- Communicates with the Legal Practitioners on matters relating to deceased estates and insolvent estates.
- Receives returns of services from the Messenger of Court and debits the charges to respective consumer accounts
- Arranges for Gamishee order against the debtors salary where summons would have been served at the place of employment.
- Supervises subordinates.
- Performs any other duty within the context of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 ‘O’levels including English Language and Mathematics OR Accounts.
- Diploma in Credit/Debtors Management.
- Diploma in Accountancy is an added advantage
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Focus and Composure
- Reasonable and Firm
- Excellent communication skills
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director, City of Harare, P O Box 1680, Harare,
OR hand delivered to
Records Office,Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Bullding, Harare
Not later than 16 December 2021.
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.