2 X Research Assistant
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 492
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research (CeSHHAR) Zimbabwe was registered as a Trust in January 2012. Previously known as the Regai Dzive Shiri Project, which has operated in Zimbabwe since 1999, CeSHHAR Zimbabwe houses a number of HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects and has a strong commitment to strengthening research capacity among Zimbabwean graduates. In 2014, CeSHHAR Zimbabwe was registered as a Private Voluntary Organisation (PVO) with the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe requires two Research Assistants for the study entitled “An investigation of interventions to increase uptake of HIV self-testing and linkage to post-test services among higher education students in Zimbabwe”. The aim of this research is to rigorously evaluate models to provide HIV self-testing (HIVST) services in order to inform scale up among young people.
Scope of work
Research Assistants will work closely with the Research Coordinator and tertiary education institutions that are part of this study. Under the direct supervision of the Research Coordinator, the Research Assistants will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Recruit research participants and obtain informed consent;
- Research and programmatic data collection;
- Assist in the development and testing of the mobile health (mHealth) tool for HIVST distribution;
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures (SOP) to support implementation of HIVST distribution models;
- Assist in the development of promotional messages for the uptake of HIVST among tertiary education students;
- Facilitate setting up posters displaying HIVST promotional messages at participating tertiary education institutions;
- Disseminate HIVST promotional messages on social media platforms;
- Assist recruitment of students (peer distributors) for the peer-led HIVST distribution model;
- Facilitate training of distributors on HIVST including data collection using the mHealth tool, the study protocol and SOP; r
- Register distributors using the mHealth tool;
- Conduct telephone follow ups and support visits to institutions during implementation;
- Assist in managing HIVST inventory at institutions including replenishment of kit stocks;
- Retrieve residual HIVST promotional materials and unused HIVST kits at the end of implementation;
- Conduct transcription and translation of qualitative data;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in social sciences;
- Experience conducting health research, including participant recruitment and data collection;
- Demonstrable experience and interest in working in communities;
- Ability to create rapport with personnel from collaborating or associate institutions;
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework;
- Current and valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organizations in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as required.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 May 2021 (4:30pm)
Related Jobs (49)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy