2 x Protection and Accountability Officers - Harare and Marondera
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 522
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. GOAL has operated in Zimbabwe since 2002 and currently our focus is on Emergency response, Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH activities.
Overview / Objectives of the position:
The Protection Officer will directly support the Project Team in the development, administration and implementation of the mainstreaming of protection and accountability across all project interventions, both on a daily basis and with a long-term strategic perspective. The responsibilities and activities of the Protection and Accountability Officer will be extensive and fluid, depending on the shifting needs of the program, and are likely to include but not be limited to those described below. The Protection and Accountability Officer reports to the Assistant Country Director-Programs.
- Establish and lead protection monitoring and response in all intervention areas.
- Conduct periodic protection monitoring through standard checklists and tools and prepare and submit periodic reports to supervisor.
- Collect, verify and analyze protection monitoring information in order to identify violations of rights and protection threats and risks encountered by communities and staff.
- Familiarize with existing referral pathways or where necessary establish referral pathways in the field offices and refer identified cases in need of protection response.
- Organize trainings on referral pathways and PSEA for officials.
- Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other local stakeholders through information sharing and coordination.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional practice including respect of participant confidentiality and point of view, GOAL’s Safeguarding Policies (Child Protection, PSEA, Code of conduct and other policies).
- Initiate, attend and conduct local level protection cluster meetings.
Accountability to Affected People
- Create an environment within GOAL’s workplaces, programming and communities that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation and child abuse.
- In accordance with GOAL’s policies support staff orientation and training on complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Establish relevant complaints and feedback mechanisms in target communities.
- Follows up on accountability issues emanating from the field, in coordination with field staff and develop action plans to resolve issues
- Inputs into project monthly, quarterly and annual progress reporting
Technical & Functional skills skills
- BA degree in Psychology, Development Studies, Counseling, sociology or social work
- At least 3 years of experience in the same/similar role in another organization or association;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in accountability and protection monitoring and responses for vulnerable urban households;
- Experience in working with women, children, specific needs groups and case management programs;
- Expertise in Psychosocial support, child protection & GBV protection principles desirable;
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently, if necessary and/or required;
- Integrity, professionalism and expertise in processing reports and questionnaires;
- Ability to understand the cultural context of the community, local language, and use that culture as an input for community mobilization;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels;
- Ability to perform duties with minimum or no supervisions;
- Adaptability &Flexibility
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Ethics & Integrity
- Influencing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
Interested employment seekers are invited to apply here
All applicants should be prepared to upload an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references.
Deadline: 5 April 2021