2 x Inspectors
- Post Date:June 7, 2022
- Views 418
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
In line with the Corporation’s strategic initiatives towards increased value addition and foreign currency generation, Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ), is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the positions of INSPECTORS (GRADE C1) X 2
Reporting to: The Chief Inspector
This position exists to ensure effective accounting of national mineral resources by reducing losses through examinations, investigations and coming up with strategies that ensure that all mineral resources are accounted for.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Implementing inspectorate systems, policies and programmes.
- Conducting mineral production audits in mines/ mineral beneficiation factories and reconciling with the records relating to the production or sales of any minerals in and outside Zimbabwe.
- Identifying and notifying the Chief Inspector concerning any record which provides evidence of contravening the MMCZ Act Chapter 21:04.
- Interviewing any person and requesting for explanations of entries in any records relating to the production and sales of minerals in and outside Zimbabwe.
- Investigating all potential risk bearing activities and documenting them.
- Conducting inspections on premises housing minerals and mineral-laden vehicles, through random spot checks and special operations around the country, in order to identify and minimise mineral leakages and smuggling out of the country.
- Working closely with other regulatory authorities at the border posts and ports to account for and curb minerals leakages.
- Measuring the impact of mineral leakages and advising management on how best to prevent or minimise such losses.
- Collecting mineral samples from suspected sources and referring for metallurgical assaying.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports to the Chief Inspector.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Security and Intelligence, Geology, Metallurgical Engineering and any other relevant degree.
- 3 years relevant experience in mineral identification, shipping processes, risk management, crime investigations and loss control.
- A Clean Class 4 Driver’s Licence is a must.
The incumbent must be prepared to change workstations on a regular basis.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates clearly indicating the position being applied for, to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe
90 Mutare Road
P. Bag 2628
Or email to: [email protected]
Closing Date for applications is 10 June 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.