2 x Field Officers - Harare and Marondera
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 846
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. GOAL has operated in Zimbabwe since 2002 and currently our focus is on Emergency response, Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH activities.
Overview of the role
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in the implementation of social assistance and livelihoods interventions in an urban and peri-urban context of Harare/ Marondera.
- Conduct community mobilisations and sensitisation for planned project activities
- Ensure that all targeted participants are properly registered, profiled and verified.
- Support the effective implementation of the Community Feedback Mechanism
- Mainstream Gender and Social Protection in program implementation
- Participate in all related Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system activities
- Identify critical livelihoods knowledge and skills gaps in participating households and liaise with relevant government departments in designing appropriate training materials to cover the identified gaps
- Facilitate and provide on-site and effective training to project participants.
- Support the provision of social assistance to food-insecure and vulnerable populations in urban and peri-urban areas as well as contribute to efforts aimed at building resilience.
- Work with participants to meet their basic needs within urban and peri-urban areas.
- Identify and document sound practices, lessons learned and success stories
- Involvement in coordinating with other implementing agencies also focusing on tackling urban food insecurity and resilience-building activities where targeted areas overlap.
- Effective delivery of social assistance (including cash transfers) to vulnerable households in selected urban and peri-urban areasTimeously produce reports on a weekly, monthly, mid-termly and annual basis.
- Adhere to GOAL finance standard procedure to ensure that all financial related activities are in compliance with the GOAL finance procedures.
- Commit to adhere to and respect the Code of conduct
- Adhere to all GOAL policies
Requirements (Person Specification)
- At least a Degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or equivalent
- Evidence of maturity and experience in cash transfers, market based livelihoods interventions and working in urban programs (at least 3 years)
- Understanding of safeguarding and mainstreaming principles and experience of working on such issues
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially Microsoft office products.
- Adaptability &Flexibility
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Ethics & Integrity
- Influencing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
Interested employment seekers are invited to apply here
All applicants should be prepared to upload an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references.
Deadline: 5 April 2021