2 x District Coordinator
- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 639
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Job Title: District Coordinator (x2)
Location: Mberengwa & Mudzi
Duration: 15 months
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
About the Project
The project is a multi-sector early recovery, risk reduction and resilience program which seeks to restore food/nutrition security and reactivate livelihoods among vulnerable households in Mudzi and Mberengwa districts of Zimbabwe. The project goal aligns with USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) mission of reducing poverty and helping people emerge from humanitarian crises and progress beyond assistance; specifically, through the ER4 lens, the program seeks to improve the capacity of vulnerable households to recover from, and adapt to shocks and stresses. The project will work closely with the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement and other key partners.
Purpose of the Position
The District Coordinator will be responsible for district level coordination, stakeholder engagement, facilitating and coordinating the implementation of the BHA program. This will include coordinating and ensuring District compliance to project implementation standards and guidelines, account for and lead the implementation of all project components; agricultural extension, agricultural inputs distribution, cash for assets, nutrition, savings groups and gender mainstreaming in the district of operation according to Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and WV guidelines and policy standards.
Programme Coordination and Reporting
- Supervise district project staff and oversee district project implementation in adherence to humanitarian, SPHERE, BHA & WVI standards.
- Coordinate program technical interventions, including nutrition, agriculture, DRR, Design, Monitoring & Evaluation, managing day-to-day district level project related issues and producing quality and timely district project reports and updates.
- Periodically assess, inform, and advise on any district context changes and possible options to changing context.
- Ensure that the project is implemented as per approved project design, log frame and plan of action.
- Human Resources Management–recruitment of district staff, performance management, staff care.
Develop collaborative internal and external relationships
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with program stakeholders in the District.
- Collaborate with Project Officers and District stakeholders and actively participate in clusters and working groups in the District.
Assessment and Design
- Initial and sector specific assessments completed and data analysed to guide programming decisions in programming areas.
- Do no harm/LCP, gender, humanitarian protection mainstreaming and disability are considered in beneficiary selection and project implementation.
- Financial expenditure for project activities tracked in conjunction with programs and finance team, and in compliance with WV financial and donor standards.
- Purchases and requisitions are completed as per budgets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Agriculture, Economics or any related field.
- Demonstrated +5 years’ coordination experience (project management, team leading, and stakeholder engagement) of a large project.
- Good report and document production skills (quality, accurate, smart).
- Problem solving analytical, multi-tasking, ability work under pressure, meet deadlines, team oriented, leadership, interpersonal, and decision-making competencies are essential.
- Humanitarian competencies including standards (Sphere, HAP, IASC guidelines etc.).
- Experience in liaison and coordination with government agencies, rural communities and other humanitarian agencies, excellent project management skills.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 18 June 2021
Related Jobs (19)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time