2 x Clerical Officer Driver (AGYW)
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 435
- Career Level OfficerQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Kwekwe and Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
2 x Clerical Officer Driver (AGYW) Job Description – Kwekwe and Bulawayo Program Areas
Reporting to the Administration Assistant (AA), the job holder is responsible for vehicle maintenance and management, staff and material transportation and provision of clerical duties to the administration department under the HIV ADOLESCENTS GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN (AGYW) Grant funded program
- Cleans vehicle and performs routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at a designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle policy provisions.
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Timely and accurate completion of vehicle log books for submission to the AA.
- Prepares monthly vehicle maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Performs clerical work in the office when required. This includes banking, filing, sourcing quotations writing purchase orders, letters of inquiry and general data capturing as required.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- 5 “O” levels including English Language
- Minimum 5 years driving experience in a busy working environment
- Valid class 2 drivers’ licence
- A valid defensive driving certificate from a recognised institution
- A certificate in logistics, administration/procurement is an added advantage
- Basic mechanical skills
- Fluent in English and local languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Relates to people in a friendly and open manner
- Strict time keeper
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Kwekwe and Bulawayo Program Areas)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 22 April 2021
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (19)
Finance and Administration Intern, Education Section on July 15, 2021 Internship