2 (Two) x Programs Officers
- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 415
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Manicaland & Midlands
About Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation
Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a harm and disease-free society. JHWO implements multiple interventions across the country under the four strategic pillars namely, Health, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Adolescents and Youth, Economic Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning.
Under the Health pillar, JHWO is implementing a Pathways project in Gweru and Nkayi whose goal is to enhance the resilience of Orphans and Vulnerable Children and their caregivers towards getting to zero new HIV infections in Zimbabwe by 2022. In Kwekwe, the organisation aims to find, test, and treat at least 1000 missed HIV infected children through a community and household case management approach. The Kunda-Nqob’iTB (KN-TB) meaning the fight against TB initiative, is a 5-year USAID support to the TB Local Organization Network program in Zimbabwe with JHWO being one of the four partners that covers 8 districts across the country and soon increasing to 14. To complement government in its quest for health for all, JHWO has a clinic at Riverdale that offers primary health care and has a laboratory to ease pressure from surrounding diagnostic sites. The organisation is host to the Stop TB Partnership Zimbabwe platform, one of the many country-level Stop TB partnerships that was formed in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s National TB Program with support from Stop TB Partnership Global. It is against the mandate of the health pillar that the organisation seeks Programs Officers to fill in positions which have arisen under the KN-TB project.
The Programs Officer will work closely with the KN-TB Medical Officer, KN-TB team, project partners and stakeholders to ensure adherence to KN-TB technical and operational standards particularly by giving technical input and support. He/she will work closely with the Medical Officer on design, research, monitoring, evaluation, research and reporting. The incumbent will also play a critical role of on site data verifications and mentoring.
These will include:
- Planning project activities and setting up high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Reviewing and tracking progress on project implementation as well as utilization of project resources;
- Using participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles;
- Maintaining up to date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation;
- Data analysis which informs planning and decision making;
- Conducting data quality checks to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines;
- Validating and developing improvement plans to address data quality gaps;
- Preparation and submission of narrative and statistical reports;
- Collecting and consolidating monthly and quarterly performance data and reports as required by the donors and JHWO and participate in resource mobilization processes.
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Social sciences, Public Health, Health promotion or similar qualification with at least a certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in programming in an NGO setting with M&E experience in reporting of TB indicators and experience using statistical packages that include ; SPSS, NVivo, R, MATLAB,SAS,STATA and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Should also have good relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and possess analytical, translation and packaging skills accurately and timely.
- Should also be an initiative-taker, results oriented and a holder of a clean class 4 driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please send your certificates, CV, copy of licence and cover letter to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that JHWO does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf. No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection and placement process; Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates.
Deadline: 10 September 2021
Related Jobs (70)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract