2 (Two) x Programs Graduate Intern
- Post Date:May 13, 2022
- Views 729
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Mutoko and Bulawayo Program Areas
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The program graduate interns will be responsible community mobilization of adolescent girls, young mothers, families and communities for their participation in the Supporting Adolescent Girls’ Education (SAGE) Project.
- Community engagement through mobilization of different community structures;
- Mobilizes adolescent girls and young women to enroll for Non-formal Education and Transition Programs delivered through the SAGE project;
- Makes follow up on attendance, retention and completion of participants for the Non formal Education and Transition Programs;
- Engages and liaises with stakeholders to support the project towards achievement of project goals and outcomes;
- Establishes good working relations with project staff, beneficiaries, families, community leadership, Community Hub Educators, Schools, Community-based Organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at village, ward and district levels;
- Participates in stakeholder meetings and networks at village, ward and district levels and creates community awareness on development education;
- Promotes integration of project and program processes at field level and promotes child rights-based programming at field level.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Humanities, Development Studies or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education structures;
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows / Office environment;
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 14 May 2022.
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.