2 (Two) x Program Officers - RSCS
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 478
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
District(s): Mt Darwin; Rushinga
Reports to: Provincial Manager
Family AIDS Caring Trust Zimbabwe (FACT) is a Christian based organisation that was instituted in 1987 as Zimbabwe’s first AIDS Service Organisation pioneering the HIV response in Zimbabwe. Since establishment, FACT Zimbabwe has been a leading National HIV and development organisation implementing various projects directly and through partnerships. The organisations programming focuses on 4 strategic pillars Safeguarding and Sustainable Livelihoods (SSL), Health and Well-being (HW), Strategic Information and Research (SIR) and Organisational Efficiency and Effectiveness (OEE).
This UNFPA project, with the support of the USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, and in close collaboration with the World Food Programme, aims to support resilient and sustainable community systems that prevent GBV, facilitate access to life-saving essential Integrated SRH/GBV services, and provide life skills and access to economic skills building and opportunities in remote and hard to reach areas. The project is expected to achieve the following objectives: Improved accessibility of multi-sectoral integrated protection services for survivors of GBV, sexual exploitation and abuse; Enhanced effectiveness of community-based GBV risk mitigation mechanisms for the most vulnerable women, girls, men and boys to mitigate their risk of exposure to gender based violence and sexual exploitation and abuse
The Program Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Resilient and Sustainable Community Systems (RSCS) program on GBV in Rushinga or Mt Darwin district. The Program Officer will ensure all district activities are implemented and documented for reporting to the Provincial Manager. She/he will facilitate the training, supervision and support of community cadres in the implementation of project activities. The Program Officer will work in close collaboration with the district stakeholders for all issues related to the RSCS project implementation in the district.
Summary job responsibilities
- Management of the district budget and ensuring all activities are implemented as per approved work plan;
- Establishes and maintains sound working relationships with stakeholders and partners at district level;
- Documents, records and maintains all project related information;
- Ensures the efficient use of organizational resources at district level;
- Compiles weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with set guidelines;
- Responsible for the generation of internal requisitions for project activities;
- Facilitates community mobilisation and sensitisation on all FACT Zimbabwe programmes;
- Monitors and supervises staff at district level;
- Training and capacity building of project committees and community stakeholders;
- Ensures compliance of all program activities with FACT Zimbabwe policies and procedures
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Work or Social Science, or a closely related field;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community development work preferably.
- Knowledge and experience with NGO operations and community-based programming on GBV will be a plus;
- Written and verbal communication skills, especially with community-based groups;
- Knowledge and use of computer (MS office and Excel);
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team is essential;
- Must demonstrate sound training expertise and skills in a cross-cultural setting.
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to [email protected]
Please write – Program Officer – RSCS on the subject of your email. Indicate District of preference.
FACT is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
Deadline: 1 June 2022
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Related Jobs (14)
Business Technology Analyst on August 10, 2022