2 (Two) x Field Coordinators
- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 584
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
The African Awareness of Cancer and Early Diagnosis (AWACAN-ED) project has been awarded an NIHR Global Research Group grant to improve early diagnosis of cancer in Sub-Saharan Africa. The project aims to answer important questions about how to encourage appropriate help-seeking behaviour among people with possible cancer symptoms and how to deliver high-quality, accessible, and equitable cancer referral and diagnosis services.
AWACAN-ED research team seeks to appoint an experienced, suitably trained, competent, talented, multi-tasking, self-motivated and qualified applicants to fill the position Field Coordinator. The incumbents will be based in Harare and Bulawayo as part of the team supporting the AWACAN-ED study. This is a full-time one-year contract position, renewable on yearly basis for 4 years subject to good performance.
- Responsible for coordinating, consolidating supporting, planning research activities, ensuring smooth implementation of project operations’ activities and adherence to logistics, human resources, administration, and security procedures.
- Facilitate Field Workers’ entry into study locations/institutions/communities through engaging relevant gate keepers/ local authorities before commencement of data collection.
- Supervise field data collection teams.
- Ensure study locations and respondents are selected according to the study protocol.
- Supervise the data collection and entry processes ensuring collection of quality data.
- Providing regular updates to the study leadership.
- Ensuring field teams have adequate logistical support.
- Report to the Junior Research Fellow any challenges, barriers and limitations faced by Field Workers.
- Participate in regular study meetings, produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Participate in Study related meetings and carry out any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Degree in Social Science, Nursing, or related field.
- At least 5 years previous field experience in health research, supervising field data collectors.
- Working with NGOs and knowledge of Cancer is an added advantage.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data and leading teams in health research.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills and ability to work in a team Valid certificate in Research Ethics / Good Clinical Practice.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages and other relevant programs.
- Fluency in English, excellent writing interpersonal and communications skills and experience working with Government structures will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] clearly marked “Field Coordinator” in the REFERENCE area of the mail.
Deadline: 22 August 2021
Related Jobs (35)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time