2 (Two) x DREAMS District Facilitators
- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 426
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS District Facilitators for deployment in Tsholotsho district, Matabeleland North province. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services. Its activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. It is currently implementing the DREAMS program in four Matabeleland North districts. The DREAMS program aims to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among OVC, OVC caregivers and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Zimbabwe. The contract is for twelve (12) months effective 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2022 and may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will report to the District Community/Schools Youth Focal Person (DC/SYFP) and will be provide technical assistance in the planning, coordination, implementation and reporting of the DREAMS primary service activities at schools and community safe spaces. He/She will provide guidance to DREAMS Ambassadors and work closely with the DC/SYFP to ensure implementation fidelity by training, mentoring, and supporting community-based facilitators in screening, enrolling and delivery of the Health4Life curricula to AGYWs and support community-based facilitators and Guidance & Counselling teachers to establish clubs, profile AGYWs and line listing them for clinical and other secondary services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing project and development of methodologies, work plans and budgets for the DREAMS program;
- Supporting the DC/SYFP in drafting district inception plans and other program documents and communication;
- Training, mentoring and monitoring the work of community-based facilitators and Guidance and Counselling teachers during screening, enrolment, and delivery of the primary package and assisting them to establish clubs in safe spaces;
- Monitoring the operationalization of guides and standards in implementing the DREAMS program;
- Ensuring the accurate completion of data collection tools (screening forms, registers and referrals slips) and timely submission of data for verification, cleaning, and entry;
- Compiling weekly, monthly and quarterly narrative reports, project innovations and success stories for sharing with key program stakeholders;
- Providing support, guidance and mentorship to DREAMS Ambassadors and Mentors in their advocacy and mentorship activities;
- Contributing towards the development of project IEC materials and messages, as appropriate;
- Providing administrative support by planning and facilitating project meetings, conferences, workshops and field visits.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or any related qualification;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in development work or in working in an NGO environment is preferred;
- Post basic qualification in Program Management or Health Promotions will be an added advantage;
- Excellent planning, organizational and effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to make proactive and innovative contributions to project design and outputs
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates can submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates to [email protected] or hard copies to:
The Senior Consultancy Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 August 2021
Related Jobs (27)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time