2 (Two) x Digital Skills Trainee
- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 614
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Harare
Duration: 2 weeks
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response; Welthungerhilfe is implementing a WFP funded Cash Based Transfer project in Chegutu and Gweru Urban centers / domains; The project known as the Urban Social Assistance Project (USAP)and Urban Resilience Project (URBP) will support 18,000 beneficiaries in Gweru and 12,000 beneficiaries in Chegutu through monthly cash transfers, small livelihoods support, hygiene related information sharing sessions and resilience building activities.
The overall purpose of this internship is to support Digital Skills Training project with the current work taking place around the 2 digital skills training hubs; More specifically, the deliverables for this assignment are as follows:
- Support the two clusters in planning of activities by contributing in the development of activity calendars;
- Support the two clusters in the planning of activities, and mobilization of participants;
- Support the two clusters in the execution of training activities, preparation of activity reports;
- Support the two clusters in the collection of project monitoring data;
- To provide project data inputting services and generation of attendances registers Data Processing;
- Filling of signed registers and archiving of the registers;
- Update database as and when new information on trainees come in especially from verification exercises;
- Inputting data received from the field teams onto the project database;
- Maintaining systems for data backup, recovery, and verification;
- Manage WhatsApp; groups for various Digital Skills Training groups, Digital Skills website, Facebook, videos, podcasts;
- Facilitate capture and packaging of resilience stories and management of community feedback;
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related learning and apply them in a professional setting.
- The candidate will also have opportunities to network directly with programs;
- The Digital Skills Intern will learn the practical application of:
- Developing, coordinating, and disseminating Digital Skills training messages through appropriate channels and ensuring all stakeholders promote the messages;
- Monitoring, capturing and reporting feedback and providing technical support to all.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of a University degree in Social Sciences, ICT, Statistics, Demography or any related field;
- At least 1 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and database management;
- Knowledge in using computer programs a requirement; Good reading and writing skills;
- Knowledge of extracting data from Akvo Flow or Kobo applications is mandatory;
- Very good command of MS excel and MS access;
- Sound, knowledge, and experience regarding data capturing and well-developed computer skills;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members;
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 February 2022