2 (Two) x Digital Learning Solution Coaches (Profuturo)
- Post Date:April 28, 2022
- Views 377
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Duty Station: Tongogara Refugee Camp – Chipinge
The digital learning solution coach will be responsible for supporting targeted schools in Chipinge facilitating training, monitoring adoption and utility of the digital learning solution and identifying knowledge gaps. The post holder will report to the Education Project Officer- Digital Learning Solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
Digital learning system administrator
- Setting up / configuring relevant class and learning area contents on the digital learning solution;
- Create new users in the platforms;
- Troubleshoot application errors, hardware malfunctioning and conduct periodic equipment inventory to ensure that all devices are functioning properly;
- Ensure computers are connected to the server / intranet and all data / information is updating;
- Collaborate with the School Head to review schedules of hardware equipment use based on the schools’ teaching time table;
- Enforce Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accountability and safety of equipment used by teachers and pupils.
Training and coaching
- Facilitate teacher training and mentoring on how to work with the digital learning solution;
- Organise individual teacher and learning area specific follow up training, identify challenges or areas for continuous follow up support;
- Liaise with the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education’s (MoPSE) Curriculum Development Unit to ensure that learning content is aligned to the new curriculum;
- Review learner interaction with digital learning content and provide feedback to improve customisation of learning content to learner needs;
- Work with MoPSE to develop and implement relevant student formative assessments to assess improvements in targeted learning areas;
- Collaborate with MoPSE and partners to assess uptake of digital learning platforms by teachers.
Communication with remote technical support
- Regularly notify project supervisor any incidents requiring immediate attention;
- Perform assigned or specific tasks and actions to solve incidents including overseeing scheduled system updates;
- Participate in periodic system monitoring meetings.
Monitoring and reporting
- Organise regular monitoring visits in schools to assess quality of learning and adoption of the digital learning solution by teachers and pupils;
- Coordinate with district level MoPSE officers in assessing delivery of different learning areas using the digital learning platform and address challenges identified;
- Produce regular project implementation reports.
Support other school wide activities
- Collaborate with local school communities in conducting education and back to school campaigns;
- Support in teachers and school head in organising recreational activities;
- Actively promote health clubs and provision of relevant hygiene and sanitary material.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Education Computer Studies / Degree in ICT with a postgraduate qualification in Education / OR a Graduate trained teacher with an additional computer science qualification from an accredited institution;
- At least 5 years of teaching experience;
- Experience in utilising digital learning platforms, radio lessons and other forms of alternative learning;
- Participated in content development for the Ministry Of Primary and Secondary Education.
- Experience with e-learning platforms; ICT Knowledge – basic office packages including basic excel user (xls);
- Proficient in facilitating adult training;
- Highly knowledgeable of education policy in Zimbabwe including issues of digital learning.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees not later than the 29th of April 2022 to [email protected] clearly indicating “Digital Learning Coaches” on the subject of the email.