Public Relations Officer
- Post Date:May 28, 2021
- Views 386
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the position of Public Relations Officer on two years fixed term contract.
Key job functions
- Handling all public relations activities and publicity campaigns in liaison with Heads of Departments.
- Promoting the good will and positive image of Council.
- Rebranding Ruwa Local Board.
- Managing the Council’s communications, risk and opportunities with different clients and stakehokers.
- Initiate and organise promotional events such as press conferences, open day exhibitions, tours and visits.
- Attending to complaints and queries as Council’s desk person and link with residents/ ratepayers, clients and stakeholders.
- Developing a media relations strategy.
- Designing, writing and producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, in-house journals, reports, publicity brochures and speeches.
- Arranging all consultative meetings and community engagement programmes.
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports for the Secretary.
- Managing and updating Council website, facebook and all social media platforms.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum job requirements
- A degree from a recognised University in Public Relations, Communication, Joumalism, Media or equivalent is a must.
- A Post Graduate Qualification in Public Relations/Media is an added advantage.
- Proficient in at least three languages preferably English, Shona or Ndebele.
- At least three years post qualification experience in Public Relations/Media and community engagement.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Proficient in use of cameras, audio and video recording devices.
- Membership of the recognised Media Board in Zimbabwe.
- No criminal record (A valid Police clearance must be attached).
Interested candidates should submit their handwritten applications, attach copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed to The Secretary not later than 31 May 2021.
Ruwa Local Board