10 x Director, Finance, Administration and Human Resources
- Post Date:July 11, 2022
- Views 735
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Local Government
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of 9 x Director, Finance, Administration and Human Resources in the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education, Provinces and 1 x Director, Finance, Administration and Human Resources in the Office of the Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution.
POST: 10 X DIRECTOR, FINANCE, ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: CHIEF DIRECTOR/ PERMANENT SECRETARY
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE, ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES
MINISTRY: PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION 9 PROVINCES (Excluding Harare Province)
OFFICE OF THE MINISTER OF STATE FOR PROVINCIAL AFFAIRS AND DEVOLUTION; 1 PROVINCE-MATABELELAND SOUTH
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the Ministry.
- Control, manage and account for all voted funds appropriated to the Ministry.
- Oversee the adherence to existing statutory requirements and the Accounting Officers instructions by the Department as stipulated in the Public Finance Management Act.
- Manage the preparation of estimates of expenditure and revenue and the Public Sector Investment programme for the Ministry.
- Prepare responses to Audit observations raised by the Auditor General’s Office as well as the Office’s Chief Internal Auditor.
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors.
- Manage and maintain the Department’s movable and immovable assets.
- Formulate in liaison with Government Protective Security Intelligence (GPSI) effective security policies on Government buildings
- Superintend over transport and stores management in the Ministry.
- Oversee the conduct of boards of inquiries to assess monetary value on damages to state property.
- Conduct research and innovate on the modern human resource management and development trends with a view to keep abreast with best practices in human capital development and management.
- Facilitate and coordinate the identification, development, management, nurturing and placement of fit for purpose human resources in all job categories in the Ministry in concurrence with the Accounting Officer and with the approval of the Public Service Commission.
- Control, manage and account for the Employment Cost Vote for the Ministry.
- Oversee the adherence of the Department to existing Public Service Human Resources Policies and Regulations and Procedures.
- Superintend over the development, implementation and management of the Human Resources Development Plan for the Ministry.
- Manage and institutionalize the Performance Management System in the Ministry.
- Recommend appropriate staff establishments/manning levels for the Department to the Accounting Officer for consideration by the Public Service Commission.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A degree in Accounting or Finance and/or full qualification in any of the following:
- Chartered Institute of Accountancy.
- Chartered Institute of Secretaries
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in Financial Management as a Chief Accountant or equivalent grade.
- Possession of a professional qualification in Administration/ Human Resources Management would be an added advantage.
- A thorough understanding of the Public Finance Management Act.
- Proficiency in accounting software including SAP.
- Possess an analytical mind.
- Must be a strategist.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in at least 2 local languages spoken in the region is an added advantage.
- Good team leader.
- Computer literate.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should be submitted to [email protected] by 12 July 2022 and should be addressed to: The Secretary; Public Service Commission
Candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.